Please review the APA material in the Getting Started section if you need assistance. As a criminal justice professional, it is imperative that you learn the finer aspects of writing. Citing and referencing are part of the gradable criteria for your weekly work.
All questions are worth 20 points:
- Who was Jacob Wetterling and how did this case affect Sex Offender Legislation?
- Is it possible to balance the rights of sex offenders and the public, why or why not?
- The Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers have been instrumental in the rehabilitation efforts of this population. What are some of the primary challenges of sex offender treatment programs? Can these challenges be overcome and if so how? Should any sex offenders be excluded from treatment? If so who and why?
- Discuss in detail sex offender notification laws. Be sure to give the arguments for and against the law; include your thoughts and opinion within your response.
- We have come a long way since medical treatment of sexual offenders began in the 1940’s; one of the most recent developments have been civil commitment programs. Do you believe civil commitment facilities do more harm than good, why or why not? Can individuals in these programs really be rehabilitated?
Journal Assignment Grading:
Each assignment is given equal weight out of 100 points.; each question is worth 20 points. If a question is not answered, no points will be received for that response. Each question is weighted equally. Please post all answers as an attachment in a Microsoft Word document or a Rich Text Format file.