Assignment: Assessing Group Process 4: Group Project Goals
As a clinical social worker, evaluating the effectiveness of clinical strategies is an expectation of the NASW Code of Ethics (2017). Sometimes, clinical strategies and techniques that are effective in one setting may not work in another situation. It is important to understand what works and what doesn’t.
Also, self-assessment is an integral part of becoming a clinical social worker.
Describe the strategy (assigned in Week 7) you implemented in your Group Project.
- Describe the process and the level of difficulty/comfort you found in doing this Assignment.
- Explain how this strategy may or may not have empowered or supported the group.
- Describe the progress of the group in completing the project/goal.
At this point, the literature review and the advantages and disadvantages should be complete.
Group Process Assignments should integrate course concepts related to group process. Assignments should demonstrate critical thought when applying course material to your group experience. Support ideas in your Assignment with APA citations from this week’s required resources
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment (2–3 pgs).
Toseland, R. W., & Rivas, R. F. (2017). An introduction to group work practice (8th ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 9, “Treatment Groups: Foundation Methods” (pp. 264-294)
- Chapter 10, “Treatment Groups: Specialized Methods” (pp. 295-335)