You are a part of the strategic planning team. Your team will communicate the analysis and recommendations in a compelling report for the board of directors. The report will also outline a change management strategy.
To measure the success of your change initiative, you must set goals for the life sciences organization and determine performance parameters that will measure if and how well you have achieved these goals.
For example, one of the goals of the change efforts you are planning is employee retention.
In this assignment, you will write a memo to the VP outlining your goals for the change initiative and corresponding key performance indicators (KPIs). You will also determine the information you will need to evaluate the change management outcomes against the identified KPIs.
Write a memo to the VP of your organization in the scenario, listing your recommendations for the goals of the organization’s change initiative and corresponding key performance indicators (KPIs). Use the information provided to you in the module resources section to complete your memo.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Goals: Recommend two goals that the change initiative of the life sciences organization should meet to ensure a smooth transition.
- Performance measures: Identify one KPI corresponding to each goal and explain how they support the goals.
- KPI measurements: Refer to the employee survey response key for the life sciences organization in the scenario. Determine the additional information or employee feedback you will need to measure the identified KPIs. Your response should address the following:
- Identify three additional pieces of information needed that collectively measure the KPIs you identified for the change initiative.
- At which stage(s) in the acquisition or post-acquisition process would you recommend this information be gathered?
- Performance improvement: Describe one tactic to handle feedback about the performance of organizational change initiatives and explain how you will utilize the results of the employee survey to improve the organizational change implementation and adoption.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit a 1- to 2-page Word document using double spacing, 12-point Times New Roman font, and one-inch margins. Sources should be cited according to APA style.
See attached additional information…