Part 1: Key Project Elements
- Describe the three healthcare settings that you explored as proposed sites for an EBP QI project. For each health care setting, identify the following defining features: patient population, mission, public or private entity, single institution or member of a corporation, and others you identify as significant.
- Compare the settings for strengths and weaknesses as sites for an EBP QI project. Be specific and provide examples.
- Explain the practice problems that you explored based on your interests and identified needs of the health care settings you investigated.
- Explain why each problem is a potential focus for an EBP QI project. Be specific and provide examples.
- For each health care setting, describe the stakeholders whose approval would be required to initiate an EBP QI project and implement the results.
- Compare similarities and differences in stakeholder requirements across the settings.
- Identify the one proposed health care setting/practice site and one proposed practice problem you have selected as the focus of a hypothetical presentation to stakeholders, and explain your choices.
Part 2: Implementation Science Presentation
Develop a PowerPoint presentation of 3–5 slides, plus cover and reference slides, to inform a set of potential stakeholders at the practice site you have identified for a proposed EBP QI project. Although you will not make your presentation, it should be authentic to the purpose and include the following:
- Introduce the framework or model you have selected for the EBP QI project and your reasoning. (1–2 slides)
- Present a draft of the proposed practice problem. Include notes for each slide describing points you would make to the assembled stakeholders to obtain their approval or buy-in for the EBP QI project. (2–3 slides).