USING the Internet, research and read about a health issue in a specific population in specific regions in the United States. Some examples of the topics for your research could be:
- HIV or AIDS in African-Americans in Southern United States.
- Alcoholism in Native Americans in Midwestern United States.
- Diabetes among Navajo people in Southwest United States.
- Obesity among low-income children in Eastern United States.
Address the following:
- The main issues being discussed and the message you wish to deliver to the affected population.
- Population affected.
- Age, gender, race, socioeconomic class, sexual orientation, religion, etc. of the target population.
- Segment of the United States population affected along with the percentage.
- Social factors such as culture and religion that may influence the burden of the disease.
- Ethical issues that may be factors in developing and implementing prevention and intervention programs for the disease.
- Various components of the health care system that can assist the community.
- Methods that the health care system should use to assist the community. (For example, state health care systems may revise or develop new policies to address the issue).