(SOLVED) . For patients who are at nutrition risk because of poor food intake, what types of treatments/interventions might be initiated
Type of Paper: Creative writing
Academic Level: High school
Paper Format: APA
Pages: 1 Words: 275
. For patients who are at nutrition risk because of poor food intake, what types of treatments/interventions might be initiated? What can the nurse do to help the patient eat more?
Expert preview answer
The types of treatment or nutritional interventions which can be implemented for a client who is at nutritional risk due to poor food intake and the nurses role are as following
- Providing nutritional supplements to meet the deficiency
- Encourage the client to eat foods of preferences and if wishes.
- Insist the client to increase the number of food intake.
- In case of severe nutritional risk initiate parenteral nutrition
- If the client refuses oral feed start enternal feeding as per order.
- Educate the client about the risk and it's consequences.